Truck Safety Animation
As part of an Enforceable Undertaking, Bloomfield committed to develop a Truck Safety Animation that can be found below.
Trainers need quality pieces of long-lasting training content that are crafted to resonate with the audiences, appeal to a range of learning styles and facilitate memory retention. This initiative aims to provide an engaging and light-hearted tool to educate mining and transport sector workers on controlling suspended load hazards around highway trucks.
The key takeaways outlined in the animation are the importance of:
- Providing pedestrian no-go zones around potential falling objects;
- Securing elevated loads;
- Isolation of stored energies in elevated truck bodies; and
- Use of truck body safety stands when working under truck bodies
Health and Safety: Our number one priority
Bloomfield Group Commitment
The Bloomfield Group strives for a ZERO HARM workplace, where every person goes home at the end of each workday physically and mentally safe.
To achieve this, Bloomfield is committed to maintaining effective and embedded safe systems of work, and seeking continuous performance improvement opportunities.
The Bloomfield Group cares for our workers' health and wellbeing and demonstrates this through a range of initiatives including (but not limited to):
• Our holistic wellbeing program #healthyliving. This program aims to promote change and ownership of healthy living, and provides support to our teams to help them understand how their own physical and mental health impacts safety.
• Our Five to Stay Alive program. This initiative focuses on identifying the critical hazards affecting the health and safety of our employees. It helps identify the behaviours and critical controls required to mitigate or prevent poor safety outcomes.