The Bloomfield Group purchasing and tendering policies and processes are designed to make sure that:
- all operational and capital expenditure provide best value, and
- all parties at all times and at all levels adhere to ethical behaviour principles.
This means that the process we use to select suppliers, either by tender or quotation, aims to:
- provide a common basis for submission of competitive proposals
- provide opportunities for equal supplier access and consideration
- be rational and fair to all participants
- take advantage of supplier knowledge and experience
- provide a formal framework for objective evaluation of alternatives and choice of supplier
- ensure compliance with The Bloomfield Group policies and values
- obtain value for money based on quality, delivery and cost.
Tenders will be conducted by either an open or selective method, depending on the potential value of the contract or the specialist nature of the supply.
After the process is complete, one or more of the following agreements will be established:
- A contract will be awarded to a supplier to be the preferred supplier of a specific good or service.
- A contract will be awarded to a supplier to be the preferred supplier of a category of goods or service.
- A contract will be awarded to a supplier to construct or refurbish a Bloomfield Group asset.
- A supplier will be included on a panel of suppliers for a specific service type, eg environmental consultancy.
Anyone wishing to be kept informed of any upcoming tender should register their company details with Tenderlink
and an email will be sent to the nominated person within your company, as soon as the tender is issued.
What is the lodgement process?
The normal closing time for tenders are 11am Fridays
and tenders are to be submitted in the method described in the tender documents.
All Tender Schedules must be submitted via Tenderlink.